Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wednesday Words

I have this desk calender that is called "Light for the Day" that I received for my birthday when I first started my "real" job 13 years ago.  This calender has been on my desk through 5 buildings and at least 15 different desks (really too many to try and count) and 7 differnt jobs within my company.  I flip though it every day, but it has remained on February 1st since that day this year.  This one has really struck home:

"If you want your dreams to come true, don't oversleep."
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.  Proverbs 16:3"

Seriously, this was written for me!  First of all, I would rather sleep in than do just about anything.....I absolutely hate getting up early.  It is just so hard for me to drag myself out the memory foam bed in the morning. 
I have been thinking about this quote a lot lately.  Why do I like to oversleep?  Is it because I am in a rut professionally?  Is it because my work seems meaningless?  Is it because I an not fulfilled creatively?  Is it because I am depressed?  Or I am just plain lazy? 

I have been grappling with some pretty big plans for the last 2 years and I just can't commit to making a change.  I pray and pray but don't get a clear "Yes, go for it".....  I have a strong Faith, but my fear may be preventing me from hearing the answer......I am super scared to make a change.  So , I have decided to make some small changes in order to get to the "Big" change.  Today I am vowing to commit to the LORD what I am doing!

Don't get me wrong.  I am in love with my husband, I enjoy every moment I can with my kids, my family is my life,  I like my job, I have great friends and a wonderful puppy.
I am just going to make some changes for ME.  So I don't feel like sleeping the mornings away any longer!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment